The following policy covers all XPLOIL sites that are owned and operated by XPLOIL Nig. Ltd.
XPLOIL Nig. Ltd. is required to train new staff, volunteers and/or students who deal with members of the public, or other third parties who participate in developing policies, practices and procedures on the provision of goods or service to the public, or other third parties in accordance with the training requirements set out in the standard. The training is to be provided within two weeks after the duties are assigned.
All staff at XPLOIL and its owned and operated sites follow the practices and procedures in keeping with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity under the standard using reasonable efforts to ensure that they are consistent, whereas;
Dignity – service is provided in a way that allows the person with a disability to maintain selfrespect and the respect of other people.
Independence – when a person with a disability is allowed to do things on their own without unnecessary help or interference from others
Integration – service is provided in a way that allows the person with a disability to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in the same or similar way as other customers, unless an alternate measure is necessary to enable a person with a disability to access goods or services; and
Equal opportunity – service is provided to a person with a disability in such a way that they have an opportunity to access goods or services equal to that given to others
XPLOIL Nig. Ltd. provides training as follows to staff, volunteers and students who are employed to represent the company via contact with the public or third parties:
- On personal assistive devices and other assistive measures used by people with disabilities to help with daily living. They include, but are not limited to, such products as wheelchairs, walkers, white canes, oxygen tanks, portable chalk boards and electronic communications devices that people with disabilities may bring with them when visiting any XPLOIL premises.
- Interaction and communication with people with various types of disabilities
- Interaction with people with disabilities who use an assistive device, service animal or a support person
- Interaction with people with a disability who are having difficulty accessing a site or premises, or while on the site or premises has encountered a barrier
- Reviewed the policies, practices and procedures followed by XPLOIL Nig. Ltd. to provide goods or services to people with disabilities
This policy exists to achieve service excellence to customers with disabilities. If anyone has a question about the policy, or if the purpose of the policy is not understood, an explanation will be provided by writing to: Ontario Heritage Trust, Marketing and Communications, 10 Adelaide Street East, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1J3. Copies of this document are available on request and, where necessary, documents will be provided to people with disabilities in a format that takes into account the person’s disability.
All XPLOIL NIG. LTD. employees shall comply with this policy.