The V-LINE Group of companies is a global provider of maintenance, repair and operating materials to industrial plants under tailored supply contracts that cover the need for parts and supplies to support a plant’s entire asset base of foreign machinery and equipment.
V-LINE was founded in 1979 to assist large capital intensive plants in the Middle East in identifying, locating and purchasing of OEM spare parts. Today our scope of services ranges from traditional inquiry/offer to long term full-service V-WARETM contracts,we have created a strong computer and software capability and our customer base is worldwide.
Group headquarters, main operations and IT support center are in Sehnde, Germany, near the Hannover Fairgrounds, with other buying/warehousing/logistics operations located in Asia and North America.
- Getting descriptions/specs for all parts with sufficient details of technical performance
- Verifying part number & type data with Original Equipment & Original Part Manufacturers
- Creating basic data records with description, part identification and other codes used at plant
- Augmenting data for procurement efficiency by structure or tagging
- Providing guidelines/tools for describing / coding new items
- Other data cleaning/data tagging project tasks as assigned
- Sourcing plants foreign parts stock list at Original Equipment and Part Manufacturers
- Setting up procurement data content and negotiating vendor prices and guaranteed lead times
- Setting up weight/volume data and export packing and transportation options
- Setting up inquiry/offer, cost + & V-WARETM contract terms
- Setting up vendor management for all suppliers
Logistics - Export
- Vendor order acknowledgement, follow-up, expediting & transport of material to V-LINE warehouse
- Receipt control, item labeling & inspection - personally signed notice of inspection
- Item consolidation scheduling for fixed interval consolidated orders shipments
- Export packing for airfreight or container transport
- Customs documentation to meet destination country requirements
- Carrier pickup loading & update of finance & insurance partners
- Consolidated invoicing
- Payment to all material vendors